Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just wanted to share...

I have been trying to buy summer clothes for the kids lately, because you know, it is already shorts season here in Arizona and they both have grown a ton in the last few months.

So, I started my shopping earlier this week! Imagine my surprise when I found out how much NEW clothes would cost me! I tend to purchase the kids clothes secondhand or at consignment and Blake gets a lot of hand-me-downs from his cousin. I really just wanted a nice pair of shorts for Blake that would double as his Easter outfit and a pair of brown sandals for Cadence that would LAST her through the summer.

Well, I started at Tar*get, as that is where I normally shop for EVERYTHING! Brown sandals for Cadence-cheapest price $15! Cute shorts for Blake $15! I chose to buy Blake the shorts and regretted it later. I took them back tonight!

What are you willing to pay for clothes for your kids?

Here's a secret:

The clothes Cadence is wearing in her pictures below cost ME $15.00 total-if you count the hair bows! The shoes were $5.00 on Cra*igslist, the bows $3.00 at Wal*mart(pack of two) the rhinestone shirt was from Good*will for $2.00, the pink sundress was $4.50 at consignment, the brown flip flops .50 at a garage sale. The pettiskirt was a Christmas gift! Now, you're telling me that I have to spend $15 for ONE pair of shoes-NO WAY!





Blake's outfit cost $6.50 at consignment, minus the shoes, which I splurged on at the beginning of the school year for $20.

Got any brown sandals in size 9 you would like to sell me?

2 comments:

Loraine said...

Your kids are gorgeous!!! I love love love the pictures. Your photographer did a great job, where were they taken? It looks very similar to our neighborhood...

I too am a bargain shopper. Here's two of my favorite consignment shops. Check them out next time your in Phoenix.

Hissy Fits
7036 N 7th St
Phoenix, AZ 85020
(602) 674-1250

Baby Bloomers
6505 N 7th St # 103
Phoenix, AZ 85014
(602) 266-5646

Happy Shopping!!!

Loraine

Sara Bryant said...

I LOVE great bargain hunting victories!! It takes time, but the bargains are out there!